Age 2 – 5 years old in a child is a time of rapid growth and development! It is a time when their experiences in the world can enhance their visual development as well.
What can you do to enhance your preschooler’s vision?
- Read out loud to your child
- Practice throwing and catching
- Provide a chalkboard, coloring paper and finger paints
- Play memory games
- Play outdoors
- Play with other children their age
What are some signs of visual development problems in preschoolers?
- Sitting close to a TV or reading very close
- Squinting or tilting their head
- Turning out of an eye
- Light sensitivity
- Avoidance of coloring activities or puzzles
- Rubbing eyes frequently
- Short attention span for their age