What is Presbyopia?
- Presbyopia the medical term for a condition in which the lens of the eye loses its ability to focus properly
- This makes seeing near objects difficult
What are the Symptoms of Presbyopia?
- Holding reading/near material further away
- Blurred vision at near
- Eye fatigue/Headaches
How Common is Presbyopia?
- Presbyopia occurs in everyone after a certain age
- People usually begin to notice presbyopia around age 40
What Causes Presbyopia?
- Presbyopia is a normal part of aging
When does Presbyopia Occur?
- Presbyopia occurs gradually over years
- It usually becomes noticeable around the age of 40
How is Presbyopia Diagnosed?
- Diagnosing presbyopia begins with a comprehensive eye exam at Ducklo EyeCare
- During this exam, your doctor uses tests to evaluate your vision and your ability to focus on objects close to you
How is Presbyopia Treated?
- Reading Glasses Bifocals
- Contact Lenses